Are Empath’s and Psychic’s the Same?
To be an empath versus psychic (aka spiritually aware, awakened, etc.) at times seem like they should be both classified as psychic. And no wonder if you take a look at Meridian-websters definition of Psychic which is:
- -lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force
- -sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding
And emapthy is defined as such in their online dictionary:
- the imaginative projection of a subjective state into an object so that the object appears to be infused with it
- the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner ; also : the capacity for this
So with the definition of psychic it is clear that it is pertaining to having knowledge where you can’t explain how you have it scientifically whereas with empathy it can be scientifically explained. See the following articles regarding mirror neurons in the brain:streaming movie First Kill 2017
- Mirror neurons may generate ability to empathize – http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7656021/
- Mirroring Emotions: The Role of Mirror Neurons in Empathy – http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/2334
Empaths feel and transmute negative energy. When an empath talks of other things like knowing who it is they are feeling and having insight into peoples thoughts…that deeper insight that goes beyond just feeling, they are actually utilizing psychic abilities in conjunction with their empathy. And just because there is a chakra that is responsible for emapthy and there is also chakras responsible for the functioning of psychic abilities, that makes no difference. There is a chakra that controls fear as well but that doesn’t make fear a psychic ability.
Empathy is also genetic and it looks like scientist are getting closer to proving that. See the following article:
Empathy Partly Based On Genes, Mouse Study Shows – http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090211082354.htm
Also with psychic ability information it is actually coming from some where/someone. For example, information from spirits, akashic records, etc.
Everyone is born with psychic abilities. Not everyone’s abilities stay awakened and opened however. But everyone has the abilities and can awaken their abilities. I guess you will not know what abilities are your strengths until you awaken.
So I would say that as an empath you’ve got maybe what might feel to you as a shorter way to go to get to calling yourself PSYCHIC.
I would say that no empathy and psychic ability are not the same. You can become psychic through development however you can’t become an empath through development and practice. If you are not emapthic but want to be then you would want to develop clairsentience.Posted on: August 11, 2008Sherry Andrea